GAC Activities and Tuition Terms & Conditions
1. Applications A reservation form must be completed before the course commences. These must be signed by parents/guardians for under 18s. GAC Limited reserves the right to refuse enrolment if a student is unsuitable, and the decision of GAC Limited is final.
2. Advanced payment is required to confirm your place on a course. Should you withdraw from the course for any reason, GAC Limited will retain your payment. At GAC Limited’s discretion, this payment may be used for a future course before the end of that season.
3. Insurance: Travel and equipment insurance is not included in the package. The participant accepts that the courses involve risky activities and that accidents can happen that do not arise from anyone’s negligence. The participant is responsible for making sure they have adequate insurance. Overseas students coming to the UK must also have their own travel insurance.
4. Cancellation: GAC limited reserves the right to cancel courses and activities if the minimum number of students is not reached. In this event all payments for that course or activity will be refunded in full. If, however, the course or activity has to be cancelled for a reason beyond GAC Limited’s control, then the deposit will be retained.
Customer cancellations for activities are accepted up to one week prior to arrival. In the event of cancellation, a 10% cancellation fee is charged. Any bookings made less than a week prior to arrival are binding and refunds are not offered in the event of cancellation. If however, GAC have to cancel an activity due to equipment failure, or Covid 19 government guideline instructions to close, either a refund or voucher will be offered.
5. Curtailment Since GAC Limited aims to offer flexible courses you must look upon course itineraries as an indication of what is intended to be achieved and not a contractual obligation on the part of GAC Limited. GAC Limited reserves the right to alter the course as it sees fit. GAC Limited cannot accept responsibility or offer refunds for delays or modifications to the programme.
6. Responsibility Acceptance of a place on the course binds the student to be responsible, to adhere at all times to the instructions of the staff, particularly in relation to safety. Failure to comply with this may result in the student being asked to leave the course without the right to a refund.
7. Risk Our instructors will make every effort to provide the safest and most enjoyable experience possible. However it must be remembered that outdoor activities are, by nature, hazardous and involve risk. Students must be in a physical and mental condition appropriate to the course they intend to take. Students must acknowledge there is risk involved in the activities.
8. Belongings GAC Limited does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage or injury to any student or property. Property left behind may only be returned after receipt of agreed postage and packaging charges (min £5).
9. Behaviour GAC Limited is entitled to recover from the student the cost of any damage or loss caused by the student. The student undertakes to behave with propriety and in a manner that will not harm the reputation of the company. Any student who fails to cooperate may be asked to leave the centre.
10. Complaints Any complaints should be made known to the manager and every effort will be made to reach an amicable solution.
11. Safety Participants undertake to wear buoyancy aids at all times when afloat. Participants must be physically fit and must advise of any illness or disability on the booking form. Participants taking medication must inform their instructor. Participants suffering from epilepsy, giddy spells, angina, heart conditions or any complaint that precludes exertion or might be aggravated by accidental immersion in cold water must check with their doctor before making a booking. Participants must take responsibility in ensuring they are protected with sun screen, parents leaving children may leave sun screen with their Childs instructor to top up throughout the day.
12. Residential Unaccompanied students must be over 10. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform of special dietary needs, disabilities, conditions, illnesses and swimming ability. All residential students must bring sleeping bags or linen.
13. Photographing At GAC Limited we have an on site photographer who takes photos and videos for or our brochures, advertisement campaigns or displayed on our website. If you oppose this please inform a member of GAC Limited management.
14. Liability GAC Limited, its employees and representatives shall not be liable for any injury or sickness directly or indirectly caused by or arising from the use of its facilities
15. GAC Limited does not admit anyone onto the site who either has or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or is part of a household or bubble with someone who has or is showing symptoms of COVID-19. If anyone develops symptoms whilst on site they must return home self-isolate